Thursday, 16 January 2014

Dollipop Pink Tutorial


I've been obsessing over how amazing Sugarpill's Dollipop eyeshadow is but I wanted to create something pretty wearable. Click 'read more' for the full tutorial!





 

Products used:

  • Urban Decay Vice 2 palette 'X-Rated' shadow
  • Sugarpill Dollipop, Tako, Flamepoint and 2am
  • Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
  • Illamasqua Gel Liner

1. Start by applying a white base. I used a white base over the top of my Elf eye primer. We need a good base for these beautiful bright shadows to stick to! We then want to start with our first shadow which will be our transition colour. Apply X-rated into the crease area with a fluffy brush.



2. Now we can begin to add Dollipop (yay!) Using the same fluffy brush, work Dollipop into the outer corner of the lid, slowly building the intensity.


Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff.

3. Next we're going to take 2am and use it to add some more colour and definition in the crease. Don't overlap onto where you placed Dollipop too much. We want the majority of this look to be pink.
I'm using the brush that came with the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette.

4. Now we're going to use Flamepoint to create more of a smooth transition to the brow bone. Using a fluffy brush again and being very gentle. Don't use too much product for this. Sugarpill eyeshadows are extremely pigmented.

5. Taking a smaller brush, something like a pencil brush will do, we're going to add Tako, the white shadow, to our inner corner and brow bone.





6. Time for liner! Create a winged liner shape just like you normally would but this time you're going to smoke it out a little with a black shadow. I used a black from a Ben Nye palette (not pictured) 





7. Yay! Now it's time for the bottom lash line. Choose a liner that you feel goes with this look. I chose an Anastasia Beverly Hills Eye Covet liner in the shade Lavish (not pictured again, sorry!) A standard black liner would look awesome too! Line your waterline and lash line.


8. Taking Dollipop again, buff out the liner you just added. After this, add some black for some smokiness with an angled brush. Once again, not too much!



9. It's time for lashes, that means we're almost done! Apply your choice of mascara and falsies if you like to wear them! I think they finish a look off perfectly.




You're done! I think this is pretty wearable but it's still fun. Leave a comment letting me know what you think and please feel free to make any requests! x


2 comments:

  1. Love this! Have you done/would you do a teal look? Or turquoise and browns? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the tutorial I've been needing in my life! I love love love pink & just got an incredible new pink from Urban decay that looks a lot like the sugar pill you use in this. Once again I can't wait to try this out! I've already learned something new after reading just two of your tutorials, which I'm quite embarrassed to admit but hey, I'm totally a beginner... I never knew about using a transition color at the beginning of your look to help with blending! I swear I've never read anyone mention this before but I could tell that something was being done that was left out. So thanks for the huge new lesson that should help me out tons! By the way, in the other comment I left you on here, I mentioned I just found you on IG & thought I'd mention that my name I on there is pawsandpolish. Xo

    ReplyDelete