Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Sleek Black and Gold Winged Liner Tutorial

I had a suggestion to do a pin-up look on instagram but I was in the mood to do something with a little bit of a twist. It's glamorous but still wearable (I hate that word haha). Click 'read more' to see a step by step guide.





Products used:
  • Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette
  • Sugarpill Goldilux Loose Eyeshadow
  • Illamasqua Gel Liner in Infinity 
You don't need to own these exact products. Something in the same shade or the same kind of product will do just fine! I learned by using what I had with me at the time.


1. Apply your primer/eyeshadow base. Apply a mixture of Cream and Orange soda gently into the crease with a fluffy blending brush. Buff this out well as it will be your transition shade.
The brush pictured is a Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff.
2. Apply Sienna deeper into the crease to add some dimension. Again, taking time to blend.




3. Take a small amount of Black Diamond and add it to the deepest part of the crease. Be careful not to apply to much!



I have no idea what this brush is. It's really old, has no name and is totally tatty as
I've used it in some fake blood for spfx stuff. Sorry!


You should be starting to see something like this. Blend blend blend!


4. With a dense packing brush apply Cream all over the lid.




5. Time for liner! Use your favourite gel or liquid liner. I prefer gel and Illamasqua's gel liner is my absolute fave. We want a basic winged liner for now, maybe a little more elongated than you would usually go for. I like to clean the edge of my liner with a little bit of concealer for looks like this.



6.
 Now it's time to map out the bottom liner. With a fine angled liner brush, take a line from just under the tear duct and use your top liner as a guide. Don't go onto your waterline. We want the bottom liner to ALMOST meet the top liner and leave a space for our gold liner.



7. Taking Truffle and a pencil brush, buff out your bottom liner to soften it and make it less harsh.



8. Using a wet liner brush very carefully run Goldilux into your waterline and in between the top and bottom wing. If you have sensitive eyes or aren't comfortable with wearing an eyeshadow on your waterline I would recommend finding a gold liner or even choosing a different colour all together. I find using eyeshadows on my waterline to be completely fine and they don't irritate my eye at all.



9. Apply your mascara and false lashes. I used Cherry Blossom #74 lashes stacked with Eylure Katy Perry lashes in Darling. You're done! You should have something that looks like this.





Thanks for checking this out and I hope you enjoyed it!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous! need to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful you've started a blog - as a fan of your beautiful eye looks in particular, would it be okay to ask if you listed the brushes you use? Or perhaps make a post on your favourite blending brushes (in due time, of course!). I'd be thrilled, given that you manage to blend flawlessly and incorporate intricate details as well and I would appreciate any info on your must-have tools. Keep up all of your wonderful work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. looooovvvvvveeeeee... and your blog is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete