Friday, 24 January 2014

Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadows Review And Swatches

Sugarpill became one of my favourite brands as soon as I tried their standard beautifully coloured and pigmented eyeshadows. My love for them sky rocketed when I got my hands on their Chromalust loose eyeshadows. Click 'read more' for the full review and swatches!





I own 10 out of 18 of these bad boys, which is still quite a lot of shades to review in one blog post but I think it's best to describe the shades individually as well as overall.

These loose shadows have a tonne of potential. When they're dry (pictured below) they're a pretty standard (still gorgeous though!) shimmery/glitter eyeshadow. You will definitely have fall out from them when they're dry because, for the most part, they contain tiny flecks of glitter. For this reason, I wouldn't recommend sweeping them over the lid at all but packing them on instead. They work wonderfully dry when they're used over something like a white eyeshadow base. The other kind of messy thing about these shadows is that they don't come with a sift. This isn't a biggie, it just means you need to be extremely careful with handling them and a little bit goes a long way!
Dry with flash -



Dry without flash -



       L-R -  Hysteric, Stella, Darling, Lumi, Starling, Magpie, Asylum, Decora, Weekender, Goldilux. 

Now the fun part! Applying these eyeshadows wet is definitely my favourite. They become something completely different and go on wonderfully smooth. The glitter and their true colours will blow you away! I like to spray water on a dense flat eyeshadow brush, I've found it to be the most effective. As you can see below, they really have so much more dimension when applied wet. These shadows have pretty excellent longevity when worn over an eye primer, I don't notice them fading at all.


Wet with flash -


Wet without flash -

 L-R -  Hysteric, Stella, Darling, Lumi, Starling, Magpie, Asylum, Decora, Weekender, Goldilux. 

Hysteric
Hysteric is a bright medium purple with hints of beautiful green/blue glitter. This looks awesome sheered out as a wash of colour but even better when applied wet.






Stella
Stella is a jet black with warm undertones and amazing rainbow glitter sparkle.
Great for spicing up a smokey eye!





Darling
Darling is a beautiful teal with iridescent sparkle.
This shade is crazy bright and looks amazing on it's own or paired with neutrals.






Lumi
Lumi is by far the coolest shade. When worn over a dark colour, this seemingly white shimmer turns into an amazing blue/teal colour.





Starling
Starling is a medium blue/turquoise.
This blue is very metallic and intense when applied wet.
 
 

Magpie
Magpie is a super dark blue with hints of turquoise.
Also great for a smokey eye. I find this shade really hard to blend with others so I suggest keeping it simple.






Asylum
Asylum is a bright orange red with hints of pink sparkle.





Decora
Decora is a beautiful warm pink with tiny green sparkles.





Weekender
Weekender is a really cool toned purple with silver shimmer.





Goldilux
Goldilux is AMAZING.
It's great dry but it turns into liquid gold when wet and looks incredible. A must have.





Overall, these eyeshadows are awesome. They're a must have for any makeup lover or even professionals and are unlike anything I've ever used. They're so unique and versatile, sometimes I simply can't decide between the awesome shades that I own and I definitely want to add the rest to my collection.

1 comment:

  1. I have all of these and they're so amazing! Can't wait to see the looks you create with them xo

    ReplyDelete