This is the second look from my Vice 2 series. I wanted to do something colourful but still wearable. This is definitely great for a night out! Click 'Read More' for the full tutorial!
- Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette. Shades 'Madness', 'Lovesick' and 'Shellshock'.
- Real Techniques Base Shadow brush
- No name fine liner brush
- Coastal Scents Classic Angled Liner Natural
- Coastal Scents Classic Blender Crease Natural
- Coastal Scents Pro Blending Fluff
- Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
- Essence Maximum Definition Mascara
- Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner
- Ben Nye White Cream Colour
1. Using a synthetic brush (I chose the RT Base Shadow Brush) apply a white cream base all over the lid and up to the brow bone. Make sure it's even all over and avoid applying too much product.
2. Apply a transition shade with a fluffy blending brush. The Vice 2 palette doesn't have a warm enough shade to use for this purpose so I used something from another palette. Make sure the shade you choose for this area is a light shade and warm in colour.
3. Now we're going put our base colour down. For this look I'm using 'Madness' from the Vice 2 palette. Taking a dense eyeshadow brush we're going to pat this colour all over the lid but only slightly into the crease. We're going to blend this out carefully so don't apply too much!
We want to stop around this area.
Feel free to add a little more of your transition shade to help with the process!
You should end up with something like this.
4. Time to add our outer corner. Taking 'Lovesick' from the Vice 2 palette on the tip of a crease brush we're going to work it into the outer corner creating a slight V shape.
This can be a bit difficult so use a smaller brush if you find it hard to make a precise shape. We will be cleaning up the outer edge later.
Taking a small amount of 'Lovesick' on an angled brush, line the outside of the eyeshadow wing to create even more of a smokey effect. Again, don't worry about neatness. Using 'Habit' blend this out.
Now taking a tiny amount of concealer on a small concealer brush or some makeup remover clean up the eyeshadow wing that you've created.
5. Taking a pencil brush or a small eyeshadow brush of some kind, apply 'Shellshock' to the inner corner and around the tear duct area of the eye.
6. Using your choice of liner (I chose Illamasqua's Precision Gel Liner) create a thin winged liner using your eyeshadow shape as your guide! Here i'm using a really thin liner brush but unfortunately it's a no name!
7. Take your white base on a synthetic brush again and apply to the bottom lash line.
Now we're going to add liner. Taking a small liner brush again we're going to line it up to our winged liner and buff it out with 'Lovesick' from Vice 2.
You can add a little more 'Madness' when your buffing the liner out but it seemed to take on it's own blue tones without the added help!
8. Now we can tight line and line our waterline. Remember, if you don't like to tightline you don't have to! I just like to do it because I hate the little bits of flesh colour that can poke through. I'm fussy like that.
Now is the time for mascara and lashes if you wear them!
Here I'm using Cherry Blossom #74.
And that's the finished look. Hope you like it! There's 2 more looks coming from my Urban Decay Vice 2 palette series. Any requests? Let me know in a comment. x