I posted this look a few days ago on Instagram and had a few requests to do a tutorial! So here it is, another entry into my Urban Decay Vice 2 series.
Click 'read more' for the full tutorial.
- Urban Decay Vice 2
- Ben Nye White Cream Colour
- Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
- Sugarpill Eyeshadows in 'Mochi' and 'Tako'
- 'Orange Soda' from the Anastasia Lavish Palette
- Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Pencil in 'Nude'
- Essence Maximum Definition mascara
1. Prime! Prime your eyes using your choice of eyelid primer and put it all over the eyelid and bottom lash line.
Another thing I'm going to do is apply a white cream as a base. This is to help the shadows stick and bring their full colour potential out. Make sure to apply an even layer to prevent creasing and uneven colour.
2. Step 2 is to place a transition colour into your crease and blend. This colour should be warm and light. This will help your shadows blend flawlessly up to the brow bone. The colour I like to use is Orange Soda from The Anastasia Lavish palette. The brush I have used also comes with this palette.
3. On a a blending brush, we're going to take 'Habit' from the Vice 2 palette and place it into the crease. This time it should be focused more into our actual crease instead of blown out like our transition shade.
4. We're going to map out our wing and crease now. With an angled liner brush and the same shadow that we used in the previous step, start from the bottom of the outer corner of your eye and draw a straight line out towards your brow. The length of the wing is completely up to you.
For the crease we're going to use the same shadow and the same brush. Find your crease by pressing your brush into your orbital bone gently. Map out where you want the colour to be and blend with a pencil brush!
Should look a little bit like this!
5. Now we can fill in our lid. Taking 'Ambush' from the Vice 2 palette on an angled brush (you can use whatever small brush you like but I chose an angled brush so that I could keep within the lines that we've laid down) start to fill in the lid from the outer corner and stopping at the inner third.
6. Time for our pop of greeny blue! Taking a pencil brush, apply some more of your white base to the inner corner of the eye and bring it further along the lash line towards the middle.
On the same brush, take 'Mochi' from Sugarpill and apply it over the white. You can use whatever colour you like here! We also want to add a white shadow to the inner most part of the eye and below the tear duct.
7. Time to add our winged liner. We have a pretty good guide because we've already plotted out our wing with eyeshadow.
8. Taking a black liner, line the outer corner of your lower lashline and smudge it out with a flat shadow brush.
To further blend it, take some of 'Rewind' on the same brush and buff it out.
9. Taking a nude coloured pencil (a white pencil will work too!) line your waterline and the part of your lower lashline that we've left blank.
10. Time for mascara and lashes! Here I used lashes from Eylure and Cherry Blossom stacked together!
And you're done!
Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial! As always, if you have any requests let me know in a comment or on facebook!