Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Review: Your Tea 14 Day Tinyteatox.


How beautiful is the packaging!? Prettiest tea ever.

This review is going to be something a little different! A few days ago I finished the 14 day Tiny Teatox by a company called Your Tea. Click 'read more' to see how it went!

I've seen this particular detox tea on a few blogger's pages and around Instagram. I suffer from chronic endometriosis which brings a lot of digestive discomfort and a LOT of bloating. This tea claims to help with both of those things so it totally made sense for me to try it out.

The online store description says this -

 "
My intricately balanced herbal blend will nourish and cleanse your digestive system, providing it the support it needs to replenish and restore back to its natural state. This cleanse will assist with reducing weight, easing bloating, increasing digestion functionality, improving skin clarity, increasing energy levels and alleviate issues associated with food intolerances."


The tea is formulated with herbs from Chinese medicine and based upon it's principles. It also claims to be the only herbal cleanse on the market that does not give a laxative effect.

Ingredients
  • Oolong Tea
  • Jue Ming Zi
  • He Ye
  • Shan Zha
  • Lai Fu Zi

The 14 day teatox contains 42 teabags to be had 3 times a day, half an hour before or after a meal and it's also work better on an empty stomach. ( Please do not skip meals! That is never a good idea.)


Taste/Experience

Okay, so sometimes I really loved how this tasted and some times I just couldn't stomach it and it was a really big struggle for me. If I didn't drink it in time and I let it get too cool I had to drink it really fast as if it were a foul tasting medicine.

It tastes like grass and wood (Like if you licked your desk. Don't try that.)

Although! On the box it says you can add some lemon or honey...or both. I found it tasted best and pretty pleasant with just a dash of honey. 

Another thing I found was that I couldn't drink a large cup of it like I can a standard black tea. It's very filling especially if you're busy and you find yourself struggling to cram your 3 teas into your day. I was so full from it (and occupied) one day that I forgot to eat until about 9 at night. Eeeeek.

Now for the gross part. As this is a detox and it is cleansing your body of all the bad stuff it's pretty likely you'll be going to the bathroom a lot. I know I did.

NOW for the part everyone cares about the most. Did it make me lose weight? No. Because I did not drink it in conjunction with lots of exercise. Contrary to what Dr. Oz will tell you, there is no miracle weight loss pill, detox or diet. If something makes you lose a tonne of weight in a small amount of time it's most likely not very good for you and it probably involves not eating enough. This tea will be beneficial for weight loss if you are actively trying in other ways to lose weight/get healthy, ie. exercising regularly and eating well. Changing your lifestyle, not just expecting a quick fix. I do believe you could use this tea to fit into your clothes a tad more comfortably before an important event.

*Benefits I personally experienced -For me, I finished the detox feeling like it should have gone for longer. If I do this again I will either be purchasing the 28 day detox or the Fertility tea. I feel like I started to see the changes just as my detox was nearing it's end. I noticed my skin was starting to clear up and feel much softer. I also started to notice that I did not feel as bloated, especially after eating meals which usually leave me in an uncomfortable slump.

*I do have a chronic illness, therefore it's harder to notice symptoms and side effects as I do not have a normal "healthy" body to begin with. My stomach could be bloated from other things aside from digestive issues. I also could have experienced side effects from the tea but put them down to my illness. Keep this in mind. Everyone is different and will experience something like this in their own way.

Would I Try It Again?

Yes, I think I would. I would love to try the Your Tea Fertility tea as I think it would be more beneficial for someone like me. I did feel/see some slight differences and would be interested in doing a longer detox to see if it would help even more!

Have you tried this detox? Did you enjoy it an see results? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment