Hey guys! I haven't posted here in a while but I'm happy to be back and sharing with you this review and comparison of the Spin For Perfect Skin Brush and the Ultimate Skin Spa set from Vanity Planet that they were kind enough to let me check out for you guys.
I'm sure you've seen one or both of these on Instagram at some point and want to know if they live up to their hype. Click 'read more' to see lots of photos, a full run down and a 70% off discount code!
SPIN FOR PERFECT SKIN
From the website, the Spin For Perfect Skin brush boasts 33% reduced pores, 97% bacteria removal and after only 3 days users found positive changes in their skin.
Here's the basic details -
- Rotary brush head. Spins instead of just vibrating or pulsing like other facial cleansing brushes.
- Bristle ranging in density for efficient and varied cleansing options.
- 4 separate, interchangeable brush heads including Facial Cleansing brush, Facial Exfoliation brush, Body Brush and a Pumice stone attachment.
- Water resistant. (I've kept mine in my shower since the very first time I used it.)
- Runs on AA batteries. *not included. (Doesn't drain batteries at all. I've had the same pair of batteries in mine for over 6 months and haven't had to change them once.)
- Simple power on and off button. Use for as long as you like on one spot with no beeps or the brush turning itself off.
- Your choice of 6 colours.
- RRP - $100
- Body Exfoliation Brush Head - This is like a large version of the facial exfoliation brush head to be used on the body. Incredibly easy to use and covers a large area for speedy shower exfoliation.
- Pumice Stone Attachment - This little guy is for your feet and he works quite well! It's obviously much more effective to use a spinning pumice than to be putting your elbow grease into a traditional pumice stone. I do however think this one could be just a tad bigger. Somewhere in between the body and face brushes in size would be great.
- Facial Cleansing Brush Head - This is the one I use every second day or any day that I have worn a full face of makeup and want to feel extra clean. Best to use with a cleanser that soaps up nicely. Perfect size and not too harsh on the skin.
- Facial Exfoliator Brush Head - I use this one probably once a month. I find it too rough for frequent use on my somewhat sensitive skin but it definitely has it's place. If my skin is considerably clear and free of bumps my skin enjoys getting a deep clean from this one.
ULTIMATE SKIN SPA SYSTEM
From the website, the Ultimate Skin Spa system boasts reduction of fine lines and pore size resulting in an overall improvement in skin tone and texture.
- Rotary brush head. Again, spins rather than just vibrating.
- 3 Interchangeable, quick drying brush heads.
- Runs on AA batteries. *not included.
- Water resistant.
- Comes in it's own super handy travel case.
Top to bottom -
Top to bottom -
- Exfoliating Brush - Denser bristles perfect for use every other day to remove excess oil and build up.
- Daily Cleansing Brush - This one features LOTS of super soft bristles. Gentle on the face enough to use daily.
- Silicone Brush - This one is my favourite because it's so unique and feels amazing on the skin. The bristles are tiny flexible, soft silicone touch points. Perfect for very sensitive skin to avoid harsh exfoliation/abrasion.
The bristles on these brush heads are softer and make this set more suitable to sensitive skin types than the above Spin For Perfect Skin.
I've been alternating between these two systems to give you guys a good idea of what to choose. I would recommend the Spin For Perfect Skin system for normal/non-sensitive skin. The bristles can get a little rough if you aren't careful about the pressure you place on your skin. I don't use any of these brush heads every day. The extra brush heads that you can use on your body add some excellent value for money.
I recommend the Ultimate Skin Spa to anyone but in particular those of you with sensitive/dry skin. It's so gentle and will really nurture your skin while keeping it squeaky clean.
For a huge 70% off either of these systems you can use the code 'dixiewolff'
These are both amazing gift ideas and a really excellent investment especially for you makeup lovers out there. Remember your makeup will only look flawless if you take care of the canvas underneath!
What's your must have skincare product or tool? Will you be trying either of these? Comment below!